The Importance of Email Marketing
Email marketing is one of the most effective ways to connect with your audience and generate new sales. Learn why it’s important to include it in your marketing plan.
Email marketing is one of the most effective ways to connect with your audience and keep them engaged. According to Statista, there were over 4 billion email users worldwide in 2020.
With the wide adoption of email for communications, it’s no wonder that marketers are flocking to leverage this channel to improve their return on investment (ROI).
Here are three reasons why you should incorporate email marketing into your marketing strategy:
1. Customer Engagement and Retention
Whether you collect emails from existing customers or potential prospects, email marketing can be a very effective way to communicate with your audience and deliver content. Regularly communicating with your audience is a good way to stay top of mind and continue the conversation.
By segmenting your audience into different mailing lists, you can customize your emails and cater to the needs of each group. Emails that are relevant to your audience will get higher open rates and lead to better engagement.
Customers that feel like they can speak to you are more likely to become loyal to your brand and advocate your services.
2. Increase Sales
Email marketing can help businesses increase their conversion rates and generate new sales revenue. According to a study by McKinsey Insights, e-mail is nearly 40 times more effective in acquiring customers than Facebook and Twitter combined.
Email provides you with the opportunity to sell, upsell and cross-sell to your audience without ever having to leave your computer. For business owners on a budget, email makes a better choice than traditional mail campaigns, saving them the added expense of printing and postage while further improving their profit margins.
Follow these tips to get the most out of your email marketing campaigns:
- Track your performance regularly and A/B test different templates
- Personalize emails to the recipient by including their name in the body and/or subject line
- Keep subject lines simple and test which ones produce the best open rates
- Include a call to action to drive traffic back to your website or landing page
- Segment your list and write relevant copy to cater to the audience’s needs
- Make sure your emails are mobile friendly
3. Email Marketing Campaigns are Measurable
With email marketing, there is ample data available for you to measure your campaign performance and ROI. The most common metrics you’ll find is the delivery rate, open rate and click through rate.
- Your delivery rate shows you how many emails were successfully delivered and how many bounced. A high delivery rate is often a good sign of a good quality email list.
- Your open rate shows you how many people opened the emails. Your subject line will have the biggest impact on your open rate so make sure it catches the audience’s attention.
- Click throughs measure the amount of action in your campaign. Mainly how many people click on a link within your email and visit your website or landing page. Your content will be the main driving factor for click throughs, therefore try to ensure you are sending relevant content and segment your lists accordingly to maximize your click through rate.
Get Started With AT&T Website Solutions
Generate more business with email marketing campaigns. At AT&T Website Solutions, we offer a variety of packages to suit your needs. With our simple and easy to use templates, you don’t need to be a pro to reap the benefits of email marketing.
If you’re a seasoned marketer and require more robust reporting, try our Enhanced Email Marketing Plans. Our Enhanced plans include subject line a/b testing, advanced reporting and automated email features. Contact us today to learn more!