Online Fax - How It Works and Why Your Business Needs It
Online fax is quickly becoming the new norm for small businesses. Learn how online faxing works and why it is important for your business.
Online faxing has become a popular method of transmitting documents in a secure, easy to use, and cost-effective manner. Gone are the days of needing a physical phone line, clunky fax machines and ink cartridges to transmit documents. By simply having a web browser and an internet connection, you can send and receive faxes from virtually anywhere.
How Does Online Fax Work?
- Online fax is a subscription service that is hosted by a third-party, such as AT&T Website Solutions
- Once you set up an account with the service provider, the subscription service assigns you a toll-free or local fax number.
- To send a fax, the user logs into the portal provided by the service provider or sends it via email (email to fax).
- Sending faxes by email is as simple as writing your message in your email program and sending it to the recipients’ fax machine by entering their fax number, followed by the fax service providers’ domain (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org) in the “To” field.
- Word documents, PDFs or scanned images can be added as an attachment.
- Received faxes will be available for access in the portal and/or delivered via email to your inbox.
Benefits of Online Fax for Your Small Business
One of the biggest advantages of having access to an online fax service is having the ability to send important information from just about anywhere. This is especially true if you work from remote locations, such as a home office. Being able to deliver important documents promptly could mean the difference between closing a deal and losing it.
2. It saves you money
When using a traditional fax machine, there are costs associated with the purchase of the fax machine, the phone line, the ink cartridges, and printing supplies. Not to mention storage costs for archiving faxes. On the flip side, with online fax you can use your existing computer or mobile device and store digital copies of your faxes.
3. It saves the environment
Online fax offers an environmentally friendly and sustainable alternative to the traditional fax machine. Between the amount of paper, energy, and ink cartridges used to power a traditional fax machine, the carbon footprint left behind is staggering. With online faxing, the process of getting important documents from point A to point B has never been easier and more environmentally friendly.
4. Increase productivity
Employees can be more productive without having to walk over and stand by a fax machine every time they need to send or receive an incoming document. The constant humming and clacking from the fax machine can also be a disturbance to nearby workers, affecting their productivity as well.
5. It prevents information from falling into the wrong hands.
Traditional fax machines spit out a physical page (or pages) into a tray that can be accessed by anybody. With online fax, all incoming faxes are directed to the recipient’s email, preventing sensitive information from being intercepted or misplaced.
AT&T Online Fax Solutions
AT&T Website Solutions offers a variety of online fax plans to fit your business requirements. Whether you run a small business, operate from home, or manage a large team of professionals, AT&T Online Fax has you covered. Access your faxes virtually anytime - helping you save time and money.
Contact us today to learn how AT&T Online Fax can help your business.