Tips for Creating Ecommerce Websites
E-Commerce tips will help take your business to the next level. AT&T Website Solutions has the tools and the experts to optimize your site and increase traffic. Learn more today.
Online shopping is here to stay. More and more consumers are making purchases online. If you’re interested in getting into the e-commerce game or improving your current e-commerce presence, consider the following 5 tips for web design and hosting to help you head in the right direction:
- Product Information. Product information has many components. Consumers need to get a real feel for your product from your website since they can’t physically “feel” it for themselves. Pay special attention to the following:
- Images. High-quality product images are the first step, but you can’t stop there. Images should show the product from multiple angles and allow zooming. Videos are another great tool to help shoppers see the product in motion.
- Information. Consumers need useful information about your product. They need to know if their mobile devices will fit in the bag, how many charges they can get for their phone from your power bank, and if the baby bottles are dishwasher safe.
- Extras. Does your product come with extra batteries? Is the cable included? Is the belt sold separately? Be clear about what the consumer will receive. A picture of what’s included in the box helps shoppers feel more confident about what they’re getting and helps you avoid returns.
- Clear Navigation. Online shoppers need good tools to help them find what they need; if they can’t find what they’re looking for, they can’t buy it. Your navigation tools should help consumers easily locate what they want from your site. It can be difficult to sift through hundreds of options; menus, categories, subcategories, and filters help potential buyers quickly zero in on the products you offer that meet their criteria. Showing viewing history also helps shoppers keep track of what they’ve seen so far.
- Easy Checkout. Data shows that over two-thirds of shoppers abandon their carts without making a purchase.[i] Eliminating hidden fees, shortening your checkout process, and allowing a purchase without registering for an account are all techniques that will help to encourage consumers to complete their purchases.
- Mobile Friendly Design. Your customers are searching your website from PC’s, laptops, tablets, and phones and your site must be responsive to these various platforms. Responsive websites should look the same on every device and on every screen size, which helps your buyers feel comfortable browsing and buying.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Search engines work to deliver the most relevant responses to users’ queries using complicated algorithms that are always changing. In order to direct shoppers to your site, you should optimize your content to keep it relevant. Keywords in your content as well as URLs and Alt-text images help search engines quickly scan your site. A user-friendly site is also part of an effective SEO strategy; sites with high bounce rates rarely perform well in search engine algorithms. Diligently monitoring your SEO practices helps to result in higher site rankings in search engines and more traffic to your site.
Take Your Business to the Next Level
In the world of e-commerce, presentation and web design are key factors. Customers make decisions about your company the moment they enter your site. Attractive websites with good design, clear navigation, and generous product information help to increase sales and customer satisfaction. Work with AT&T Website Solutions to create a website plan that will help to take your business to the next level. We have the tools and the experts to build a website that helps to provide your customers with a sophisticated, easy to use shopping platform. Call us today to get started.