(Search Engine Optimization)
How to get found online.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for “search engine optimization”. It is the process of getting traffic from the search engines. All major search engines such as Google and Bing have these search results, where web pages and other content such as videos or local business listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to what the person is looking for.
There is no guarantee as to where your website will be placed in search engines search results, as this is something out of our control. It’s the search engine who will decide the website ranking, but we utilize SEO best practices to help improve your chances for visibility.
What do SEO Results depend on?
- How many people are competing with the selected keywords
- How many new visitors view your website
- How the site compares to high ranking sites that offer the same services you do
- How long the website has been live
- How regularly your website’s content is updated
- What websites are linking to your website
What we can do to help improve your visibility with our Build It For Me Plans
Our SEO-friendly content consists of page metadata which is the information that the search engines use to define what your website is all about. When we establish your website, we will write content focused around what your business offers including:
- Add page metadata (page titles, image descriptions, image link titles, keywords, page descriptions)
- Create relevant page text consistent with your metadata
- Utilize a SEO-friendly design
- Submit to Google and Bing
- List you in online business directories
What you can do to help improve your visibility:
- Add your domain name to all of your marketing materials
- Engage in social media – Google wants you to have external links on your website
- Use Google marketing
- Update your email signature
- Promote through your website
Get found online with Search Engine Assist.Learn more